Wednesday, January 31, 2007

there are some things money can't buy


Location: Greenhills Memorial Park
Time: 7:30 p.m.
I hate to say this was our reunion, so when I saw my 4-Mayer students again (now that they are in college), I said to myself that this was definitely the most awkward place and moment to see most of them in any given time. Everyone (well, as I mentioned, most) got to Greenhills to visit the wake of Efraim's father, who passed away of brain cancer. I remember someone saying that people get to be together in birthdays and wakes, and surely this gathering with my dear students still fits the latter. We had to pay respect for the lost of a father, but I felt the group was more excited to get to see each other.

Everyone has moved on, I guess. Most of them are occupied with their undergrad studies (as freshmen students), preparing for the upcoming midterm examinations. Others are still struggling to adjust to the pressures of college life. A few, well, I should say just are engaged with other things aside from school simply because they want to or because fate has struck them awe.
Whatever and wherever they have lived their lives at present, I am still proud of them.
I was able to have dinner with Cherrylyn, John Kim and Louie at Tapsi Time when we reached downtown. I guess the long trod up and downhill really took its toll for us.
Chicken and Pork Adobo: P55.00
Iced Tea: P28.00
Breaded Pork Chop: P 85.00
Fare: P 10.00
Reunions: Priceless

No comments: