Saturday, February 3, 2007

an inconvenient truth

Reading an article of Mr. Conrado de Quiros in the Inquirer (Oh, how I adore his columns!) is like going to church listening to a sermon (But he doesn't talk about religion, but of politics and social issues.)

On one of his recent columns, he mentioned about watching (whatever it takes) this documentary of the Vice-President of the United States, Al Gore. There seemed to be a sense of urgency in his "sermon" about how little time we have to actually do something to save the environment. I'm no die-hard environmentalist, but I think we could do something about it. I have been asking people if they have seen it or if (bless them if they do) they have a copy of the film. But to no avail.

And of course, it just slipped my mind, just like any kid in a grown-up world.

How come we find things when we don't actually look for them? Lo and Behold! As I got to the DVD stacks in an undisclosed place (sorry!) I saw it there, with the rest of the new movies of 2007! I grabbed a copy and went straight home.

And I took the truth like a bitter pill.

No comments: